Tallerine CasserolePrep: 25 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 7by Salad Foodie391 recipes>
Tallerine, talerine, tallerini...I’ve no idea of the spelling or origin of this vintage casserole but it remains a crowd pleaser yet today. I’ve tweaked my 70's recipe somewhat ~ it’s one of those recipes that adapts easily to variations.
- 8 ounces fettuccini pasta
- 1 14.75 ounce cream-style corn
- 1 2.25 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup green or red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 15-ounce can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Break fettuccini pasta in half and cook according to package instructions; drain. Stir in corn and olives and set aside.
- In large skillet brown the beef with onions, bell peppers and garlic. Drain fat from meat as needed. Stir in mushrooms and cook 1-2 minutes more. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and (optional) red pepper flakes.
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan or 10" x 10" square casserole dish with vegetable spray. Arrange one third of the noodles in bottom of pan. Layer one third of ground beef mixture on top of noodles and sprinkle one third of grated cheese on top of that. Continue in this manner layering two more times.
- Bake uncovered 25-30 minutes until bubbly and thoroughly cooked through.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Leave a review or comment