Taco Skillet CasserolePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by San Pasqual's Kitchen1 recipe>
Taco Skillet Casserole is a satisfying, kid pleasing, family meal for a busy weeknight.
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Oil for frying
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Remove the fat and add onion and garlic, and let them cook for 5 minutes stirring often.
- Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder, and tomato sauce and continue to cook over low heat about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry tortilla strips in hot oil a few minutes until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Stir tortilla strips into meat mixture and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Top with cheese, and let cook until melted.
Leave a review or comment