Easy Taco Casserole
- 1 lb Grnd beef
- 3/4 c. Onions
- 1 pkt Taco seasoning mix, 1-1/4 ounce.
- 3/4 c. Water
- 1 can Refried beans, 16-ounce.
- 1 jar taco sauce, 8-ounce
- 2 1/2 c. Crushed tortilla chips
- 1 3/4 c. Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded lettuce
- 1/2 c. Minced tomatoes
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In medium skillet over medium-high heat, combine grnd beef and onions; cook and stir till beef is browned. Drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water, simmer 10 min. In medium bowl, combine refried beans and taco sauce. In ungreased 8- inch square (2-qt) baking dish, layer half of bean mix, half of beef mix, 2 c. tortilla chips and 1 c. of the cheese. Top with remaining bean mix and beef mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 min. Remove from oven; top with remaining tortilla chips and cheese. Return to oven; bake an additional 3 to 5 min or possibly till cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Makes 6 servings. MICROWAVE METHOD: To prepare this recipe in the microwave, assemble the casserole as directed in an 8-inch square microwave safe baking dish. Microwave on high for 5 min. Top with remaining tortilla chips and cheese. Microwave on high for 2 to 3 min, or possibly till cheese melts, turning dish often.
- notes: Made this 1-28-98; very easy dish tasted delicious! I used Doritos nacho cheese chips for the crushed chips.
Leave a review or comment