Taco PiePrep: 15 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Glenn37 recipes>
Tacos without all of the mess. If you like Taco you have got to like Taco Pie and it is really easy to make. Enjoy.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 package Taco Bell seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups mashed potato flakes (you could also use left over mashed potatoes and omit the butter and milk)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Add milk and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Remove from heat and add potato flakes until incorporated. Press mixture into the bottom of a 10-inch pan.
- 2. Bake for 7-10 minutes until it just BARELY turns golden brown.
- 3. In a medium skillet, cook beef and onions until beef is browned and cooked through. Drain. Add Salsa and remaining taco seasoning. Cook until bubbly.
- 4. Pour into crust. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
- 5. Let cool for 5 minutes. Top with cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes. Cut and serve with sour cream if you are one of those who like spoiled cream.
Leave a review or comment