Szechwan Dusted Ahi TunaPrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Alex Marsh3 recipes>
This is a signature dish at Brick; there's a wonderful contrast between the seared ahi tuna and the lentils.
- 2 lbs ahi tuna (sushi grade)
- 1/2 cup ground Szechwan peppercorn
- 1 qt beluga lentils
- 2 qt vegetable stock
- 1 qt cream
- 2 heads bok choy
- 2 tbsp white soy sauce (Shiro Shoyu)
- pinch of chili threads (can also use chili flakes)
- 1 cup "Mae Ploy" red curry paste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup canola oil
- Dust the tuna with the Szechwan pepercorn, let sit for 10-15 minutes, and then sear rare on all sides.
- Cook lentils in vegetable stock for about 30 minutes or until cooked. Remove 1/2 of the lentils and puree with cream. Fold pureed lentils back into non-pureed lentils.
- Bok Choy:
- Saute the bok choy in the white soy sauce for a few minutes and then add the chili threads.
- Curry Paste:
- Mix together the red curry paste, lemon juice and canola oil.
- To serve:
- Lay down about 1 cup of the lentils per plate. Place some boy choy on top of the lentils and then top with ahi tuna. Drizzle the red curry sauce around the plate and on top of the tuna. Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment