Sweet Strawberry BruschettaPrep: 10 min Servings: 16by Homemade & Yummy153 recipes>
Perfect as an appetizer for brunch, sitting on a patio on a summer day with a glass of wine, or even dessert. A great way to celebrate fresh berry season.
- 1 baguette (sliced into thick pieces)
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (I used strawberry flavoured balsamic glaze)
- 1 tsp agave nectar (optional)
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I used basil flavoured)
- fresh basil (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction (for garnish)
- For the Strawberry Bruschetta:
- Wash the strawberries and place in a blender. Blitz until roughly chopped.
- Alternatively, you can cut the berries by hand into small pieces.
- Place in a bowl.
- Add the balsamic reduction (or balsamic glaze) and mix. Taste to see if you would like to add any sweetener. I used some agave, but you could use honey or sugar if you wish.
- Mix well and set aside till ready to use.
- For the Ricotta:
- Place the ricotta in a bowl. You can use just plain ricotta if you like (or any other soft cheese). I like to flavour my cheese, so I added some basil flavoured olive oil. You can use plain olive oil, skip this step completely or add some fresh or dried herbs to flavour the cheese.
- Mix well.
- To Assemble:
- Cut the baguette into thick slices (about 16 in total, depending on the size of the baguette).
- Slather some cheese on each slice.
- Top the cheese with some the strawberry bruschetta mixture.
- Garnish with additional balsamic, and threads of fresh basil.
Leave a review or comment