Sweet Potato Streusel MuffinsPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 12by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
Adapted from: Pillsbury Christmas 2008. These muffins go great with dinner or as a snack with tea or coffee. Enjoy and Cook with much Love, Catherine
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp rum extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato (about 10-12oz.)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter - softened
- Preheat oven 375 degrees:
- Soak the raisins in the tsp of rum extract.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, Â¼ cup almonds, baking powder, soaked raisins and nutmeg.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add sweet potato, buttermilk and oil blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once and stir just until dry particles are moistened. (Batter will be lumpy). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- In small bowl, mix all topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Leave a review or comment