A Stewed Pork And Purple Sweet Potatoes
- 3/4 lb Boneless pork loin cut into 1" pcs see * Note
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Minced onions
- 1/2 c. Minced bell peppers
- 1/4 c. Minced celery Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 lb Purple sweet potatoes peeled, cubed
- 2 c. Veal stock
- 1/4 c. Minced green onions
- 1 c. Shredded sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp. Minced green onions
- 1 Tbsp. Brunoise red peppers
- In a mixing bowl, toss the pork pcs with Emeril's Essence.
- In a large saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is warm, add in the pork and brown proportionately. Remove the pork from the pan and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, season the onions, peppers, and celery with salt and pepper. Stir the flour into the oil, stirring constantly for about 4 to 5 min, for a medium-brown roux. Add in the onions, peppers, and celery to the roux and cook for about 2 to 3 min or possibly till slightly wilted. Return the pork to the skillet and cook, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 min. Add in the sweet potatoes and broth. Bring the liquid up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 40 to 45 min. Stir in the green onions and check seasonings.
- Make nests with shredded sweet potato and fry till crispy. Season with the Essence. Spoon the stew into a shallow bowl and garnish with sweet potato nests, green onions, and peppers.
Leave a review or comment