Sweet corn "arepa"Prep: 15 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 8by Arturo Féliz-Camilo183 recipes>
One of the most traditional recipes in Dominican cookery. I'll post the salty version later. This is my mother in law's version.
- • 1 lb. corn flour
- • 1 Can evaporated milk.
- • 1 Small box of raisins.
- • 1 Teaspoon of vanilla.
- • 1 Teaspoon of butter.
- • 1 Can of coconut milk.
- • 1 Cup of sugar.
- • 1 piece of cinammon (a stick)
- • ½ Teaspoon of salt.
- Get the corn flour moist with the milk. Add the raisings and the vanilla.
- In a separate pot put the butter, sugar, salt, cinammon and coconut milk. When it's about to boil add the flour and move and constantly for 5 minutes until it dries out.
- Turn the fire off and put in a mold in the oven at high fire until it takes a golden color.
- Let it cool and enjoy!
Leave a review or comment