Sweet Bell Peppers & PastaPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Jennifer Bass27 recipes>
- 2 c. uncooked, mini penne pasta
- 3/4 c. chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 slc. medium to thick Pancetta, chopped
- 2 c. chopped sweet bell peppers
- 4 oz. sliced baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. freshly grated Asiago cheese, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook Pancetta until crisp. Drain on paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- While pasta and Pancetta are cooking, use a non-stick skillet and saute the onion in extra-virgin olive oil for 1 1/2 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 30 seconds longer. Add the sweet bell peppers and mushrooms; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until peppers are tender. Stir in the Italian seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add water; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Drain pasta and stir into skillet. Add Pancetta and remove from heat. Stir in the cheese. Garnish with freshly grated Asiago cheese. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment