Super Moist Carrot MuffinsPrep: 30 min Cook: 55 min Servings: 21by Micheline120 recipes>
I adapted a carrot cake recipe to this super moist carrot muffin recipe because I like my muffin and coffee in the morning. These muffins are super moist and tasty. A great way to start my morning.
- MUFFINS INGREDIENTS
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla (good quality)
- 1/2 cup half-drained crushed pineapple
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 1-8 oz pkg cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup or 12 tbsp. butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup chopped pecan pieces (optional for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your muffin pan, using paper liners, sprayed with pam so they do not stick. This recipe makes 20-21 muffins.
- For the muffins: In a large bowl, combine the cake flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, pecans (optional) and cinnamon. Mix well. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, combine the carrots, beaten eggs, canola oïl, vanilla and pineapple. Mix ingredients together well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a large spoonful at a time until all the ingredients are combined. Fill your prepared muffin lined pan, sprayed with Pam 3/4 full. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes in the pre-heated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. While the muffins are baking, prepare the frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and almond extract using a hand mixer. Gradually add the confectionary sugar while continuing to beat until fluffy and smooth. Keep the frosting in the fridge until the muffins are baked and cooled. Spread the frosting on the muffins only when the muffins have completely cooled. Add chopped pecans on top. Enjoy!
Leave a review or comment