Summer Strawberry-Rhubarb CobblerPrep: 30 min Cook: 50 min Servings: 8by Kiki Thompson29 recipes>
This weeks recipe was inspired by all of the rhubarb recipes I’ve seen pop up within the last week on blogs that I am following! With summer FINALLY around the corner here in Utah, I decided to come up with a “summer” cobbler. The recipe that finally got my baking pants into gear was this Rhubarb & Strawberry Lemonade recipe I checked out at Green Kitchen Stories. It just sounded so quench-thirsting and good and never really cooking with rhubarb, I really wanted to come up with a sweet, summery treat to satisfy my buds
- 1/3 C margarine, melted & cooled at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C raw sugar
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 C almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 lb. of rhubarb, sliced
- 1 C raw sugar
- 1 lb. strawberries hulled & halved
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend the rhubarb and 1/2 cup raw of sugar and let it stand for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. In another bowl, blend the strawberries and remaining sugar and let it stand for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Transfer the rhubarb and rhubarb juice to the strawberries. Mix well and set aside.
- Pour melted margarine into an 8 X 8 square baking dish and brush sides with margarine.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, raw sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder. Stir in almond milk.
- Slowly pour batter evenly over butter in pie dish. Scoop berry-rhubarb mixture on top of batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until dough is cooked in the center. Serve with Coconut Whipped Topping.
Leave a review or comment