Sugar and Spice Oatmeal CookiesPrep: 20 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 3by Bakin Momma1 recipe>
An interesting combination of spice and sweet of oatmeal cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, butter flavored shortening, sour cream, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Stir in the oats and raisins. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until light and golden. Do not overbake. Let them cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets to cool completely. Place cooled cookies on a sheet of wax paper.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in microwave for 30 seconds, then remove from microwave, and stir. repeat until chocolate is smooth and creamy. Add any color of food coloring to the white chocolate to match it to any sort of occasion.
- Take a small spoon dip into chocolate and drizzle over oatmeal cookies lightly. you can drag the spoon from right to left to get a striped result or you can do swirls or what ever your in the mood for.
- Place cookies and wax paper and refrigerate for 10 minuets before removing from wax paper and placing into an air tight container.
Leave a review or comment