When you say sweet milk are you referring to sweetened condensed milk? I am looking for a diabetic substitute for sweetened condensed... I found a recipe using powdered milk and splenda. I am going to be making frozen key lime mini pies for Father's Day for my step dad who is diabetic, so I'm looking for an alternative that will still maintain a creamy ice cream like texture.
By the way I finally got the Vital wheat gluten so I hope to make your sandwich thins very soon! can't wait...
Substitute Buttermilk for Sweet Milk in Baked GoodsServings: 1by Salad Foodie404 recipes>
I love what buttermilk imparts to the texture and flavor of cakes and quick breads, so a pint of buttermilk is a baking staple in my refrigerator. When recipes call for milk and I want to replace that with buttermilk, I use the formula below. Of course you can reverse it and replace buttermilk with regular. Just remember to adjust baking powder and baking soda accordingly. Formula for making sour milk to replace buttermilk is also included below.
- Depending on the substitution being made, you may need the following:
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- TO REPLACE MILK WITH BUTTERMILK: For each cup of regular milk (full fat or reduced), replace with 1 cup of buttermilk. Then reduce baking powder by 2 teaspoons and increase baking soda by 1/2 teaspoon.
- TO REPLACE BUTTERMILK WITH MILK: For each cup of buttermilk, replace with 1 cup of regular milk (full fat or reduced). Then increase baking powder by 2 teaspoons and decrease baking soda by 1/2 teaspoon.
- TO REPLACE BUTTERMILK WITH SOUR MILK: For each cup of sour milk needed, place a tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1 cup total; stir. Allow mixture to stand 5 minutes before using in recipe.
- ANY OF THE ABOVE FORMULAS can be decreased or increased proportionally for fractional amounts of milk.
Leave a review or comment