Stuffed French ToastPrep: 15 min Cook: 8 min Servings: 6by kathleen Skrzypczak3 recipes>
Nutella-stuffed challah bread gets a vanilla scented bath before it is sautéed in healthy coconut oil.
- 1 Loaf Challah Bread (a few days old)
- Nutella (Allow about 1 1/2 Tsps per sandwich)
- 1Tbs coconut oil (or other shortening)
- 2 Eggs
- 1Tsp Vanilla
- 3 C Almond or Coconut Milk (Whole Milk okay)
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- Confectioner's Sugar (for dusting; optional)
- *Slice Challah into 1/2" slices. Average loaves are about 12", so you should get 20 or more slices (some might be less than perfect).
- *Spread one slice with Nutella and top with second slice of matching size.
- *Place a non-stick pan onto medium heat and add coconut oil. Swirl to coat pan.
- *Whisk together eggs, vanilla, milk of choice,and cinnamon.
- *Submerge sandwiches into egg mixture and immediately remove, allowing excess to drip back into bowl.
- *Place sandwiches into pan (without crowding) and allow to lightly brown before flipping. About 3-4 minutes per side. Adjust heat to low if sandwiches cook too quickly. It's important that they stay on heat until Nutella melts.
- *Dust with confectioner's sugar just before serving.
- ****These are especially lovely with fresh berries on the side or with the addition of thinly sliced bananas when making the sandwiches.
Leave a review or comment