Stuffed & Bake Zucchini BoatsPrep: 9 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 4by "Cheffie Cooks"518 recipes>
Perfect for Italian Date Night! So scrumptious! Set out the tablecloth, silverware and dig in!
- 2 fresh Zucchini
- 8 ounces Ground Beef (Can use Italian Sausage-Hot or Sweet, if desired)
- 20 Ounces Marinara Sauce (Or any tomato sauce)
- Fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- S & P to taste
- In a saute pan add a bit of olive oil on medium heat, add onions, garlic stir, add ground beef (or Italian Sausage) and cook until browned, removed excess grease
- Add Marinara sauce lower heat and stir well, add fresh basil cook 10 minutes.
- Cut Zucchini lengthwise, remove some pulp and seeds from the center of each half with a large tablespoon (creating a well)
- Spoon into cavity of each Zucchini half the tomato/beef mixture, add parmesan cheese and mozzarella, place into a baking dish
- Place into a hot 400 F oven (covered with foil and bake 20 minutes undisturbed
- NOTE: Photo before baking.
Leave a review or comment