strawBERRY cold MOUSSE and frozen SORBETPrep: 15 min Servings: 6by Foodessa345 recipes>
A very simply made smooth, refreshing BERRY mousse. Only 3 ingredients required for this blissful flurry treat. Ripe BERRIES...a touch of SWEETENER...a pre-frozen EGG WHITE is all there is to it. For a detailed post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2011/06/fool-twice-berry-light-cool-delights.html
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . 6 cups (750ml) strawberries, hulled
- . 1/4 cup (52g) superfine fruit sugar * (a.k.a. fructose)
- . 1 large egg white **, pre-frozen
- . * Sweetener alternatives: You can use Caster sugar, ‘Agave syrup' or 'Maple syrup’ also. You may have to adjust according to your personal preference. Just keep in mind that the preparation gets sweeter as it freezes.
- . **Egg white: In order to avoid any forming bacteria, it is best to pre-freeze the egg white in a small glass container and thaw it slightly right before adding it into the fruit mix.
- . Hull the fresh strawberries and place onto a flat surface and freeze for about two hours or until hardened. Note: This could have also been prepared ahead of time...pre-frozen and placed into an airtight freezer bag.
- . FOOD PROCESSING THE FRUIT: Place the frozen berries into the container and let stand for 30 minutes before processing. Afterwards, puree the strawberries until chunks are no longer visible. Keep the blade circulating on medium-high speed and gradually pour in the sweetener. Once that has whirled into the fruit, add the pre-frozen and slightly thawed egg white that was initially placed in a small glass container.
- . SERVING: Serve right away as a lusciously smooth mousse and/or freeze in two medium freezer containers in order for the mix to turn into its 'Sorbet' state which will take about two hours to achieve. If doing so...take the Sorbet out 15 minutes before scooping and serving. Enjoy.
- . Flavourful wishes...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment