Strawberry and Rhubarb Tapioca PuddingPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 8by Salad Foodie388 recipes>
A delightful tapioca pudding for a special occasion. So ruby-red pretty, and with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, you'll think you died and went to heaven. If fresh rhubarb is not available substitute frozen, and mash or cut up after simmering if necessary.
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cup sugar (can use part Splenda if you wish)
- 2 cups water, divided
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, chopped into small dice
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries (frozen will work if sliced as they thaw after adding to rhubard mixture)
- Vanilla Ice cream (optional)
- Stir together in medium saucepan the tapioca, sugar and 1 cup of the water. Let stand 5 minutes to soften tapioca.
- Meanwhile in another saucepan combine rhubarb and 1 cup of remaining water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered until rhubarb is cooked, stirring occasionally; remove from heat and cool.
- Bring tapioca mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring often until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir rhubarb and strawberries into tapioca. Serve warm or chilled.
- Top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream (optional.)
- Yield: About 8 one half cup servings.
Leave a review or comment