Spinach and Cheese Quiche
I use fat-free evaporated milk instead of cream to reduce fat and 2 eggs and 3 egg whites to reduce cholesterol. It's still really good!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust from 15 oz box
- 1 12 oz can evaporated fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup low-fat (1 % ) small curd cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Press dough onto bottom and against sides of 9-inch pie plate; crimp edge. Line pie dough with piece of tinfoil and fill with dry beans or dry rice to prevent bottom of crust from rising too high.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove foil with beans or rice; continue to bake at 425 F until crust is golden, 5-10 minutes longer.
- Set aside on wire rack.
- Whisk together evaporated milk, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper in medium bowl until combined.
- Spread spinach evenly over bottom of baked pie crust: pour cheese mixture on top of spinach.
- Bake quiche 15 minutes at 425 F.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F.
- Bake about 20 minutes longer; until knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cut into 8 wedges & enjoy!
Leave a review or comment