Spicy Sweet Potato Medley
Sweet potatoes with sausage and bell peppers with an Indian flare.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (and/or yams), peeled and diced
- 2 red (and/or yellow) bell peppers, chopped
- 3 Italian turkey sausages, pulled from casing
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup fresh chunky salsa
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp amchur (dried mango) powder
- juice from one lime
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Crumble sausage into skillet over medium heat. Add cayenne, onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Add bell peppers, cumin and amchur powder and lime juice and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add to the skillet the potatoes, and salsa. Stir and cook about 5 minutes to heat through and blend flavors.
Leave a review or comment