Spicy Shrimp Moroccan StylePrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 4by John Spottiswood300 recipes>
These prawns are absolutely fantastic. Every time I make them I marvel at the density and depth of the flavors. I typically leave the Cayenne pepper out of about half of them if I'm cooking for the whole family. I often serve these in combination with a Moroccan chicken, fish, or lamb dish, but they work fine on their own too.
- 2 pounds uncooked shrimp, shelled and tails removed (large or jumbo best, but medium works too)
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher or Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste (shrimp needs salt, so be generous)
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Fry the garlic in olive oil over medium until it turns light gold. Add the spices, salt and pepper, and mix well with spatula.
- Add the shrimp and fry them over medium for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly (12-15 minutes for Jumbo shrimp). Add the chopped herbs and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve hot on a bed of rice or of mixed green salad leaves.
Leave a review or comment