Spicy Sausage and Ziti BakePrep: 15 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 6by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
Have some homemade garlic bread and a nice salad ready to go with this yummy dinner. Great for potluck too.
- 1 lb Ziti or rigatoni type pasta
- 2 lb spicy Italian sausage
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 2 med red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 lg jar of spaghetti sauce (make your own if you can)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cups (8oz) grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven 350
- Cook pasta in lg pot boiling salted water til al dente, drain
- Meanwhile, cook sausage in large skillet till cooked through, drain on paper towels
- Cook onion, eggplant, bell peppers and zucchini, stirring, in same skillet til just tender.
- Cut sausage into 3/4 in slices, add to vegetables in skillet with sauce and basil stir to combine
- Combine pasta and sausage mixture in casserole dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 20 mins or till lightly browned
Leave a review or comment