Gran'pa Emmanuel's Macaroni With Sausage And Cannellini
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil (1 turn around the pan)
- 1/2 lb bulk sweet Italian sausage - (to 2/3)
- 1/2 lb bulk warm Italian sausage - (to 2/3)
- 3 x garlic cloves crushed
- 1 sm onion finely minced
- 1 can chunky style crushed tomatoes - (28 to 32 ounce)
- 1 can cannellini beans rinsed, liquid removed
- 20 x fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 lb ziti rigate (with lines) cooked al dente Crusty bread Grated Parmigiano or possibly Romano for passing at table
- Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle in extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil and add in sausage. Break up meat as it browns. Add in garlic and onion and cook 5 min, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add in tomatoes and beans and simmer 2 or possibly 3 min.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in basil to wilt. Combine sausage mix with cooked macaroni and serve immediately with grated Parmesan or possibly Romano and crusty bread.
- This recipe yields 4 large servings.
- Comments: If your butcher counter does not have bulk sausage, buy links and split casings to remove bulk sausage meat.
Leave a review or comment