SPICY BEEF STICKSPrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Renu Guru167 recipes>
These are quite similar to the beef kebabs that we get all around in India.But with a difference.Rice is not usually a staple ingredient in any red meat kebabs...but this one has rice and it tastes great.So these are sort of kebabs with a twist.These were a regular go to dish at my close friend's family parties or sometimes even just plain family get togethers back in India.Her grandmother was a pro in preparing this.Got this recipe from my friend for whom I am very thankful. You will need 1/2 cup cooked rice for this recipe.Meat mixture can be prepared and refrigerated the day before required.The uncooked mixture can be wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months if you wish.
- 500 g topside steak
- 1 onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp eachfinely minced ginger and garlic
- 2 tbsp any fruit chutney
- Trim fat from steak,mince or process steak and onion finely.
- Mix in rice,spices and ginger and garlic mince.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions,roll each portion into sausage shapes,insert skewers length ways through centres.
- BBQ or grill,turning frequently,until brown,brush with a little chutney towards the end of cooking time.
- Serve hot with any green salad.
Leave a review or comment