Spiced Almond CookiePrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 36by Hina Gujral170 recipes>
Smart cookies are strategic about holiday baking. These Spiced Almond Cookies are a classic holiday favorites and are great for gifting, it’s quick to make and turn out delicious and distinctive cookies, all sure to hit the sweet spot with family and friends. Their generous size makes them especially festive but they can be made into smaller cookies also.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal or ground whole almonds at home
- 1 Tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- ¼ Tsp cardamom powder
- ¾ Tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tsp Almond Extract
- For decoration:
- 1/2 cup shaved almonds
- Sugar to Sprinkle on the Cookies
- In a bowl sift together flour, almond flour, baking powder, spices & salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the almond extract. Beat in the egg and whisk for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until all combined well. Flatten the dough into a round, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight.
- Prepare the cookie sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form into 1 inch balls and slightly flatten with palm into ¼ inch thickness. Place the flattened balls of dough on the prepared cookie sheet, spacing about 2-3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle each cookie with sugar & the shaved almonds.
- Bake for about 15 - 20 minutes, or until very lightly browned around the edges. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Leave a review or comment