Special Crispy DinuguanPrep: 20 min Cook: 40 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
I like this version of the pork dinuguan recipe. Very delish!
- 1 kilo pork belly, cut into cubes
- 350 g pork liver
- 4 cup of pig’s blood
- 3 chili peppers (siling haba)
- 1 head garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger (sliced)
- 3 med onions (sliced thinly)
- 1 cup of vinegar
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- Fresh Ginger slices
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. Canola oil
- Sauté the garlic and onion in a pan
- Add the pork and sauté for about 5 mins.
- Stir fry the pork cubes and cook over high heat until the edges of the pork starts to become golden brown
- Add the broth or water Simmer until the water is almost dried and meat is tender
- Add the pork blood and mix well stirring occasionally to avoid lumps.
- Let this simmer for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Add the vinegar. Simmer for 20 more minutes.
- Put the ginger slices in followed by the long green pepper and simmer for 5 minutes until it's done and the blood broth is all black.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or puto.
- *At some occasions I add chopped 'Lechon Kawali' cubes into the dish before serving for a crispier touch
Leave a review or comment