Spanakopita DipPrep: 10 min Cook: 2 hours Servings: 10by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
So yummy! Great for parties and get togethers. Original recipe is posted here but I leave out the dill because I am not a big fan of dill. Serve with fresh pita bread, toasted pita chips or your favorite dippers breads, crackers or veggies.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 bags (6oz) of baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 -8oz sour cream
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta approx 2oz
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- add'l grated lemon peel for garnish
- Pita chips
- in a lg pot or dutch oven, melt butter over med heat. Cook garlic in the butter for one minute. Add spinach and sprinkle with salt. Cook for 1-2 minutes til spinach is wilted. Drain and squeeze the spinach.
- In a food processor place spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, feta cheese, dill and 1 tsp of lemon peel. Cover and process on/off pulses till smooth, scraping sides once.
- Place into serving bowl cover and chill for 2hrs.
- Top with pine nuts, green onions and lemon peel.
- Serve w pita chips
Leave a review or comment