Sour And Spicy Prawn Soup
- Tom Yam Kung
- 6 lrg raw prawns
- 3 c. chicken stock
- 56 x chillies (yellow are the hottest otherwise try Fresh red chillies)
- 5 slc galangal (this is a slim finger root, use root ginger if you cant find it but in a smaller quantity as galangal is more delicate)
- 1 x stem lemon grass (take out the hard centre choke and cut into short sections)
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. Nam Pla (Thai fish sauce use a light soya sauce if you cont find the real thing)
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms halved
- Approx 1 tbsp coarsely minced coriander leaves
- Shell and de vein the prawns then wash them thoroughly.
- Heat the stock to boiling add in the lemon grass galangol and prawns Season with lime juice chillies and fish sauce.
- Add in the minced coriander and mushrooms.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm.
- Don't allow the dish to boil for more than a few seconds after adding the prawns or possibly they will go tough and rubbery.
- If using the small pre cooked prawns add in them at the very last minute and simply heat through.
- You can substitute any white fish cut into chunks for the prawns Cant find lime juice Use 23 Tbsp. of cordial the sweetness wi!l be disguised by the fieriness of the chillies.
- Serves 4
Leave a review or comment