SnickerdoodlesPrep: 1 hour min Cook: 40 min Servings: 8by Chef Chuck37 recipes>
Cookies with plenty of cinnamon and sugar!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 extra-large or jumbo eggs
- 3 ¼ cups unbleached flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Place the butter, both sugars, and vanilla in a bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Add the eggs and continue mixing.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt together, then add it to the wet mixture, and blend until all of the ingredients come together.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, and whisk.
- Place small scoops of the cookie dough in the sugar-cinnamon mixture. Once the dough is fully coated, place on a lined cookie sheet and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, or until the edges become slightly brown.
- Let the cookies rest on the sheet for five minutes before removing them with a flat spatula.
Leave a review or comment