Snappy Stuffed TomatillosPrep: 20 min Servings: 20by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
What a wonderful treat at parties. Friends and family will request this time and time again. Feel free to substitute cherry tomatoes for the tomatillos. After "gutting" the fruit I invert them onto paper towel to drain for 1 hour before stuffing.
- 20 Medium Tomatillos Or
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 2/3 Cup Extra-Sharp Cheddar, Shredded
- 1/2 Cup Frozen Corn, Thawed & Drained
- 6 Oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Whole Scallions, Sliced Thin
- 1 Tsp. Ground Red Pepper (Cayenne)
Directions1.Cut a thin slice from stem ends of tomatillos. Remove pulp and seeds with melon baller or tomato corer.2.Mix cheddar cheese, corn, cream cheese, onions and 1 teaspoon of ground red pepper. Fill tomatillos with cheese mixture.3.Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Leave a review or comment