Slow Cooker version of roast lamb in lemon and garlic sauce: Arni Psito me PatatasPrep: 10 min Cook: 5 hours Servings: 4by Lesley Winch5 recipes>
Traditional Greek dish, usually eaten around Easter time.
- Small leg or shoulder of lamb
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4-6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp grated lemon rind
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Black pepper
- Mix lemon rind and pepper. Rub over lamb. Make small incisions in lamb and insert garlic slices. Place lamb skin side up in slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients plus about 1/2 pt of water. Cook on high for 3 hours, then on low for 2 hours or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Serve with tzatziki and a green salad.
Leave a review or comment