Great ingredients and it must be delicious. Will try when the weather gets cold.
Slow Cooker Beef StewPrep: 20 min Cook: 10 hours Servings: 6by Schnoodle Soup45 recipes>
Searing the meat first leads to fall-apart beefy goodness later. Let your slow cooker make dinner tonight!
- 1.5 lbs. stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 lb. small yellow potatoes, cut into cubes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges and then cut again (as to not chop too small)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ¼ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Canola oil
- S & P
- In a large skillet, heat ~ 1.5 Tbsp canola oil until hot.
- Season meat with salt and pepper. Coat with 2 Tbsp of flour on all sides.
- Sear meat in skillet until brown on all sides. Work in batches, as to not overcrowd the skillet.
- While meat is cooking, toss potatoes, carrots, onions and garlic in slow cooker.
- Once meat is seared, add on top of veggies. Add 3 cups of broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf, as well. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours until meat is fork-tender (it should literally shred apart at the touch).
- 30 minutes before total cooking time, mix the remaining 2 Tbsp of flour with the remaining Â¼ cup of broth. Add to crock pot, along with frozen peas, and turn to HIGH. This will help thicken the soup slightly and cook the peas.
Leave a review or comment