Slow Cooker Beef ChiliCook: 8 to 10 hours Servings: 8by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Slow Cooker Beef Chili is an easy, delicious, hearty, healthy, low calories, low fat, low sugars, low carbohydrates, WeightWatchers (6) PointsPlus and diabetic friendly recipe for spicy chili. Made with ground beef, black beans, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Seasoned well for a true and spicy Mexican chili. It is a great option as it cooks all day in the slow cooker. A great option for the winter months. Makes 8 Servings.
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup canned beef broth
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- Toasted baguette slices (optional)
- Sliced green onions (optional)
- In a large size skillet cook ground beef, bell pepper, chopped onion and garlic over medium heat until browned. Drain fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker. Add beans, tomatoes, broth, cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, and paprika.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours oron HIGH 4 to 5 hours. Top with baguette slices and green onions, if desired.
Leave a review or comment