Simply Smoked Potato WedgesPrep: 15 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 4by Curt Despres16 recipes>
This is a very simple way to add a side of potato wedges to the smoker while doing the main dish on the smoker. Such as ribs, a nice beef roast, or maybe a whole chicken. This will take you all of 15 minutes to prepare, and about 1 1/2 hours to cook to perfection. Depending on the spices you choose, they can be sweet, salty, sour, or hot enough to bring tears to your eyes!
- 3 large potatoes
- Olive oil (as needed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1) Prepare the smoker and bring it up to 250 to 275 degrees.
- 2) Thoroughly wash the potatoes and cut lengthwise into quarters.
- 3) Brush all of the potato wedges lightly with olive oil.
- 4) Mix the salt, sugar, garlic powder and onion powder together. If you have a spice shaker, put them in that and sprinkle onto the potatoes. If no shaker is available, sprinkling by hand works just fine.
- 5) Put the potato wedges directly on the grate, slightly spreading everything out to give plenty of room for everything to breathe in the smoke!
- 6) Cool for approximately 1 1/2 hours. Depending on the size potato you used, they should be done, but test them periodically.
Leave a review or comment