Shrimp Scampi with Angel Hair PastaPrep: 10 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Patricia Stagich382 recipes>
This is a spin off of the Cheesecake Factory's recipe!
- 1 lb. Extra-Large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2-6 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large plum tomato, diced
- 8-10 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh basil
- Angel Hair pasta
- Soak shrimp in milk for 15 minutes. Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Combine flour, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and cayenne in a medium bowl. Dredge the shrimp until well coated. Fry shrimp, along with the whole garlic in oil until shrimp are golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side. Add more oil if necessary.
- Remove cooked shrimp and set aside.
- Leave garlic in pan, stirring frequently to avoid burning. Add wine, and lemon juice to the garlic in the pan and bring to a boil. Let wine reduce by half. Add cream and bring back to a boil, lower heat and reduce by half again. Add basil and tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes to slightly soften tomatoes. Remove from heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Serve sauce over pasta and place shrimp on top.
Leave a review or comment