Shrimp, Avocado and Grapefruit Salad
Tangy salad for warm summer days
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- spinach leaves
- 1/2 pound bay shrimp
- 1 grapefruit (either pink/red or white)
- handful of sunflower seeds (no shell)
- 1 ripe avocado
- To make the vinaigrette: whisk together vinaigrette ingredients (grapefruit juice, lime juice, vegetable oil and honey).
- Heat oil in skillet and saute the shrimp until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes).
- Quarter avocado lengthwise, pit and then peel. Cut into thin-medium slices. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Cut peel away from grapefruit (including white pith) and discard. The the remaining fruit into pieces.
- Toss spinach, shrimp, avocado and grapefruit together with half the vinegarette.
- Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top to finish.
Leave a review or comment