Shredded Brussel SproutsPrep: 10 min Cook: 12 min Servings: 10by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
If you've never had shredded brussel sprouts before, you're in for a treat! These are really tasty. They have less of the bitter taste you get with whole or halved brussel sprouts, so people who are not brussel sprout fans may still like them. And brussel sprout lovers like me will still thoroughly enjoy them! To save time, use a food processor with a thin blade attachment to slice them.
- 1/2 cup chopped bacon (about 3 slices)
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 13 cups thinly sliced Brussels sprouts (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- Cook bacon in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp. Remove the bacon from pan, reserving 1 1/2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside. Add chicken broth to pan; bring to a simmer. Add sliced Brussels sprouts; cook 8 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper, tossing gently to combine. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and hazelnuts. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment