Sesame Beef Lettuce Wraps
This dish combines Korean bulgogi, savory garlicky beef, with rice and kimchi in a lettuce wrap. Fun to eat and great flavors. Our kids love this dish too!
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 cups cooked short grain brown or white rice
- 1 cup kimchi
- 16 red leaf lettuce leaves
- Slice steak across grain into 1/4 inch slices or thinner. If steak is an inch or more thick, cut slices in half so that the strips are less than 1 inch wide. Cut strips into 3 inch long pieces.
- Combine steak, 1/4 cup onions (leave remainder for later), sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Heat a Wok or large saute pan over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil, swirling to coat. Add half the steak mixutre, stir fry for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. When done, spoon out into a bowl and repeat the procedure with the remaining 1 Tbsp oil and remaining uncooked steak mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining onions and the toasted sesame seeds.
- To eat, spoon approx. 1/4 cup rice, about 2 tablespoons of steak, and 1 tablespoon of kimchi onto each lettuce leaf and roll it up. This can be done in the kitchen or by individuals at the table. Serve immediately!
Leave a review or comment