Sarsiadong Galunggong (Fried Mackerel with Tomatoes and Egg sauce)Prep: 15 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
One of the many native dishes that most Filipinos have on their dining table every so often.
- 1/2kl galunggong (mackerel scad)
- 1/2 tsp. rock salt
- 1/4 tsp. chicken powder
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp. patis (fish sauce)
- 6 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 pc sliced onion
- 1 cup chopped overripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. silinghaba (green finger pepper)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season fish with rock salt then fry until crisp and set aside.
- In a pan, sauté garlic, onion and tomatoes until soft.
- Add eggs and water. Stir and simmer, then add siling haba.
- Season with patis, salt, pepper and chicken powder.
- Pour sauce over the fish and serve.
Leave a review or comment