SalsaPrep: 10 min Servings: 4by Cheryl Norman6 recipes>
Salsa is easy to make fresh and tastes better than the jarred varieties. Saves a buck, too! I make mine in the Vita-mix, but most food processors or blenders will work. Just don't overprocess.
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 small sweet onion (or ½ large sweet onion), quartered
- 6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- Juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeño pepper (or use less, depending on desired heat level)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Place all ingredients in order listed in blender.
- Process just until all ingredients are chopped.
- Pour into two pint jars, seal, and refrigerate.
- You can safely keep fresh salsa for 7-10 days in the refrigerator. Also freezes well.
Leave a review or comment