Ruth's All American CasserolePrep: 20 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 6by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
July’s recipes have an All American theme and what could be more “All American” than meat and potatoes right? My friend at work brought me a wonderful Church cookbook to look at and this recipe caught my eye. It was her father’s favorite and her mother had submitted it to this cookbook nearly 25 years ago. An oldie but a goodie right? It takes minimal effort and not many ingredients and you can alter the amounts to make it larger if you want.
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes leave the peeling on and slice approximately 1/4 thick
- 1 can (10-11 ounces) tomato soup, undiluted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11Ã7 casserole dish with cooking spray. Layer the ingredients in this order: Half of browned ground beef, half of the chopped onions, half of the potato slices, half of the green peppers, half of the tomato soup. Repeat layering with the rest of the ingredients. Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes, remove foil and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Remove and let stand a few minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings.
Leave a review or comment