Rustic Galette with Turkey Sausage, Eggplant, Tomato and RicottaPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
A Galette is a flat round freeform pie. They can be savory or sweet. In this one I just added some of our favorite ingredients. You can make a savory galette with any combination you can think of... They are so easy to make. I use premade pie dough because it a huge time saver but feel free to make your own if you have the time. My son loves it because it is a pizza like food. Galette's are great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And dessert galette's are a fast way to make an elegant dessert. Enjoy!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Sausage
- 1 med onion halved and sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 small eggplants
- 1- 15 oz. can diced tomatoes w basil and oregano, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 to 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 prepared pie crust dough round
- salt, pepper, garlic, oregano
- Preheat oven to 400
- Saute ground turkey sausage, when half way cooked add onions.
- Cook onions for a few mins and add eggplant, saute 5 mins til eggplant starts to soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add minced garlic, or garlic powder. saute 1 minute add tomatoes.
- Adjust salt and pepper and add oregano to taste.
- Unroll pie dough on parchment paper and sprinkle with 1/2 mozzarella cheese leaving 2 inch border.
- Using slotted spoon start mounding sausage/eggplant mixture in the center, drop teaspoons of ricotta cheese on it and finish mounding sausage mix and ricotta and top with mozzarella.
- Carefully fold the dough up over the mixture gently folding as you go. The top will be open. you are just creating a border.
- Brush with 1/2 & 1/2 (or egg wash) and bake for 30 to 40 mins
- Cool slightly, slice and serve.
Leave a review or comment