Lasagna with Turkey Sausage from Barefoot ContessaPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Kelly Christensen59 recipes>
Delicious and easy to make
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian turkey sausage casings removed
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 3-4 oz goat cheese creamy, crumbled
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese + 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 extra large egg lightly beaten
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat, until trnslucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the sausage and cook over medium low heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer pink. add the tomatoes , tomato paste, 2 Tbsp of the parsley and basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Simmer, uncovered over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with the hottest tap water, add the noodles and allow them to sit in the water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, goat cheese, 1 cup Parmesan, the egg, the remaining 2 Tbsp parsley, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Ste aside.
- Ladle 1/3 of the sauce into a 9x12x2 inch rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish. Then add the layers as follows: half the pasta, half the mozzarella, half the ricotta and one third of the sauce. Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella, ricotta and finally the sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 c of Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes until the sauce is bubbling.
Leave a review or comment