Outstanding. Such a great combo, chicken and bell peppers are. Adding the rosemary really gives this a great touch.
Perfect as a simple meal for your family OR as an impressive main course for dinner guests.
Rosemary Chicken Tenders with Sweet PeppersPrep: 15 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 4by Salad Foodie389 recipes>
Perfect for week nights, this dish can be on the table in under 30 minutes. Add a bowl of brown rice and fresh green salad to round out this healthy entrée. Recipe will serve 4 people, with well under 400 calories per serving.
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 pounds chicken breast, boneless/skinless (NOTE: use chicken tenders for this recipe)
- 2 or 3 large red sweet bell peppers, stemmed, cored and each cut into 8 strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt & Pepper
- Chopped chives if desired for garnish
- Sprinkle rosemary evenly over one side of chicken tenders, pressing lightly, then sprinkle salt and black pepper lightly to the same side; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat; add sweet bell peppers with a pinch of salt and black pepper, and stir fry 3-4 minutes. Using large serrated spoon remove peppers from pan to bowl; set aside and keep warm.
- Reduce pan heat to medium; melt butter with oil drippings in pan. Place chicken tenders seasoned side down into pan and cook 5 minutes adjusting heat as needed to brown chicken. Turn chicken over and cook on other side until golden brown and thickest part of tenders registers 165 degrees F.
- Return peppers to pan with chicken to reheat briefly. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Leave a review or comment