Roasted Spring ChickenPrep: 15 min Cook: 3 hours Servings: 6by Cara Fernicola25 recipes>
Roasted Spring Chicken
- 1 5-7 pound whole chicken
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- 3 tbs minced garlic
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 3 tbs softened unsalted butter
- 3 tbs sea salt
- 1 tbs fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take chicken out of package, clean and pat dry.
- Take the lemon wedges from 1 lemon and squeeze them into a bowl.
- Take the squeezd wedges and rest of lemon wedges and stuff into chicken alternating between lemons and apple slices.
- Take fresh cilantro and stuff at the end (makes nice presentation)
- Melt Butter, mix in lemon juice, salt and pepper, and garlic.
- Spread all over chicken.
- Place in oven for however long pkg says to cook (varies depending on weight of chicken.)
- Check occasionally to baste. If too dry use a little chicken broth while basting.
Leave a review or comment