Roasted Meyer Lemon Garlic ChickenPrep: 10 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 6by Smokinhotchef314 recipes>
The best of both worlds in one fruit. The zesty and citrusy goodness of lemon coupled with the zing and spicy sweetness of mandarin melded together in a lemony garlic butter with pepper . Great for low maintenance entertaining or maybe just an entree to WOW! the in-laws.
- 1 frying chicken, about 4 lb., butterflied
- 4 oz. butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tsp. lemon pepper, divided
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. roasted coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
- 3 Meyer lemons, 2 thinly sliced , 1 halved
- olive oil for drizzling
- kosher and cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Wash chicken and pat dry. With kitchen shears or a sharp knife, butterfly chicken. Set aside on tray or baking sheet covered with plastic wrap.
- Prepare stuffing butter by adding butter, parsley, garlic, 1 tsp. lemon pepper, onion powder, coriander and thyme to small bowl. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn chicken over and sprinkle with remaining lemon pepper and a few grinds of pepper. Flip back over.
- Carefully pull skin away from meat forming a pocket across the surface of the chicken, trying not to tear the skin.
- Spoon mixture into opening and smooth under the skin with your fingers. Then slide the slices of lemon underneath the skin as well.
- Drizzle olive oil over chicken and rub gently to distribute and finish with a few more grinds of cracked pepper.
- Roast on roasting pan with a rack until internal temperature reaches 155 degrees- about 40-45 minutes. Cover wings with foil so they don't brown too quickly. Be sure to remove foil for last 20-25 minutes of roasting. Allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into serving portions. Also, lift the skin and remove the lemon slices. Squeeze the juice of the Meyer lemon halves atop the finished dish. Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Leave a review or comment