Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Brownie CupcakesPrep: 20 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 12by Margarita Wyld2 recipes>
A decadent brownie cupcake with a Reese's Peanut Butter cup baked inside!
- 8 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Preheat oven to 175Â°C (350Â°F). Line a standard size muffin tin with cupcake liners. Melt the chocolate and butter by placing in a large heatproof bowl or a double boiler, and setting over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally just until melted, it takes about 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from heat. Whisk in sugar and salt until mixture is smooth; whisk in eggs to combine. Gently whisk in flour and cocoa, just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into each cup. Place 1 peanut butter cup on top, gently pressing into the batter. Top with 2 more tablespoons of batter, covering the peanut butter cup completely.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, rotating halfway through, and until a cake tester inserted halfway in centers (above peanut butter cup) comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Cool on wire rack. Cupcakes can be stored up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Leave a review or comment