Red Curry ShrimpPrep: 30 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Jessica Ryan39 recipes>
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 Tsbp. vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 Tbsp. prepared red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 oz.) can light coconut milk
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 (8 oz.) can sliced bamboo shoots, drained and rinsed well
- 1 (7 oz.) pkg. baby spinach
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled, tails removed, thawed if frozen
- Add rice to a medium saucepan, rinse, and drain, keeping rice in pan. Add water and bring to a simmer over high heat. Stir well. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for exactly 10 minutes, then remove from heat, but do not remove lid. Set aside.
- While rice is cooking, start curry. In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger, curry paste, and onion. Cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add coconut milk, sugar, and fish sauce. Whisk until smooth and blended. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots. Slowly stir in spinach until all of it has wilted into the curry. Add shrimp. Cook and stir for 4 to 5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Remove lid from rice pot and fluff rice with a fork. Divide rice among four plates and top each serving with an equal amount of curry. Garnish with chives (optional).
Leave a review or comment