Red Cabbage ColeslawPrep: 15 min Servings: 10by Salad Foodie390 recipes>
Think outside the box for your next slaw with this creamy deep red cabbage version. The dried cranberries are camouflaged by the cabbage color and provide a pleasant sweet taste surprise, while walnuts add extra crunch.
- 5 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped (about 1 small head or 1/2 large head)
- 3/4 cups coarsely grated carrots
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or to taste
- Combine cabbage, carrots, cranberries and walnuts in large mixing bowl.
- For dressing, mix together mayonnaise, milk, apple cider and sugar in a small bowl, stirring until smooth.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mixture and toss lightly until well coated. Cover and chill thoroughly 2-3 hours.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Leave a review or comment