Rava/Semolina KheerPrep: 1 hours Cook: 30 min Servings: 4by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
Kheer/payasam is absolutely nice with Vadai and papadam as a sweet closing for a vegetarian meal.
- 1 cup rava/semolina
- 1/2 cup sago
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- Sugar - as needed
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp raisins
- A pinch of saffron strands/or use yellow colouring
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder/or replace with cardamom powder
- Water as needed
- Soak sago for 1 hour. In between change the water and rinse.
- Simmer enough water and add sago.
- Stir and cook till translucent.
- Drain, rinse under running water and keep aside.
- Meanwhile simmer 2 cups of water.
- When heated through, add rava.
- Keep stirring so that rava does not lump up together.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Pour coconut milk, add sago, saffron strands and scent with
- nutmeg powder.
- Heat through and keep aside.
- Quickly fry cashew nuts and raisins in ghee.
- Tip in kheer and stir.
Leave a review or comment